School is back in full swing and I’m going to be honest. It’s been wonderful! I have finished reading a book and am half-way through another. I can get my errands for the week done in a normal amount of time. I can shower without having to simultaneously referee some ridiculous dispute. I can exercise. Not “I’m going to park far away from the store so I get a few extra steps in” exercise, but actual exercise!
But like anything that we love, there is always an element of hate lingering somewhere in the background. Here are a few things that I hate about school:
- Making lunches
- Having to wake up early
- Getting the kids ready in time to get on the bus
- Getting the answer “I forget” or “I don’t know” when I ask what my kids did at school that day
- Filling out forms with the same information that hasn’t changed since last year, or the year before that, or the year before that.
- Grumpy kids in the afternoon
- Making lunches (I know I already covered this one, but I feel that it merits another mention)
- And Forms
Things I love about school:
- My kids are gone for seven hours a day, five days a week
I would say that the things I love definitely outweigh the things I hate, wouldn’t you agree?